If our library staff can’t find the material you are looking for, we can look out of state and even other countries… if they will loan it to us. This process takes a little longer but some gems are worth waiting for.
To request a book loaned from another library, please call 618-489-2070.
Interlibrary Loan Policy
1. A maximum of 5 requests at any time. A request is considered active from the time it is initiated until three days after the material is returned.
2. Must have a valid Fairview Heights Library Card.
3. The library is unable to borrow bound periodicals (magazines), but will request photocopies.
4. ILL cannot borrow items printed before 1800. We will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
5. Patrons owing fines of $5.00 or more and/or lost materials may not request interlibrary loans until the fines have been paid or the lost materials are cleared. The library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials.
6. Materials must be returned by their due date to avoid late charges. Interlibrary loan items are not renewable.
7. Copyright laws apply to all interlibrary loans.
Lending Library Fees: The library will always try to borrow items from libraries that lend free of charge. If a free source is not available, the patron will be required to pay the charges. The patron will be notified and given opportunity to decline the requested materials and the lending library fees.