Donating to the Library
Monetary Donations/ Honorariums
We also accept monetary donations as gifts, memorials or honorariums.
You will be redirected to an online portal for processing your request. A full copy of our Gifts Policy is available at the circulation desk or from the Library Director.
We always appreciate donations of books, magazines and audiovisual items. They must be in good condition and not too out of date. Please call the Circulation Desk (489-2070) for exact details on what we will accept. We do reserve the right to decide whether donated items should be added to the collection or sold at the annual book sale. If you wish, the staff at the circulation desk will give you a donation acknowledgment form. We cannot give appraisals of donated materials.
We will not accept the following:
- Magazines (unless they are crafts, cooking, or home improvement and that are no more than 2 years old)
- Dirty, wet, moldy, stinky items of any kind
- Pamphlets and sales brochures
- Books with torn covers
- Vinyl records
- DVDs or CDs that are damaged or dirty
- Readers Digest Condensed books or any other condensed books
- VHS Tapes